Monday, July 30, 2007

Day 46 - 27.3 Kilometres

Porto Marine - Palais Do Rey

I was in a foul mood all day. The tourist pilgrims were really bothering me, and the bathrooms in the albergue last night were dirty, had no toilette paper (not really a big deal as we have learned to carry our own), and had no water pressure. Grrrrr.

Probably because I was already in a foul mood, the day dragged by at a snail´s pace. The landscape was, in theory, a continuation of Galician prettiness, but all I could think was "Grrrr this looks like North Carolina. I did not cross the Atlantic and walk 750KM to walk in NC. Grrrrr. Grrrr. and GRRR."

Furthermore the Albergue for Palais Do Rey was on the outskirts of town. It´s floors were wet too. Grrr.

The town itself was nice with a charming old church manned by an even more charming old priest who insisted that we come in and have our credencials stamped with the church seal. I liked it and him. I considered cheering up.

Too bad said town was 1.5 Km from the Albergue. Uphill both ways I´m sure. Grrrrr.

Are you sensing a trend here? It was probably a perfectly lovely day with a perfectly lovely landscape and charming little town, but I was too snarly to notice.

So I will end this post here.

Grrrr.

No comments: